This exercise targets the muscles of the chest and shoulders.
- Lie on your back on the floor, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at chest level, about shoulder width apart. Your elbows should be bent and your palms should face your knees.
- Slowly straighten your arms toward the ceiling, directly above your chest to a count of two.
- Pause. Slowly lower the dumbbells back to your chest, to a count of four.
- Repeat 10 times for one set. Rest for one to two minutes. Then complete a second set.
Make sure you:
- Raise the dumbbells directly above your chest. Don't let your arms move toward your head or your waist as you lift.