Floor Back Extension
If you suffer from lower back pain, weak abdominal muscles may be to blame. The floor back extension, done in conjunction with the pelvic tilt, will strengthen these muscles and ease back pain.
- Lie on the floor facedown, with two pillows under your hips. Extend your arms straight overhead on the floor.
- To a count of two, slowly lift your right arm and left leg off the floor, keeping them at the same level.
- Pause. Then, to a count of four, slowly lower your arm and leg back to the floor.
- Repeat 10 times for one set, and then switch to left arm with right leg for another 10 repetitions.
- Rest for a minute or two. Then complete a second set of 10 repetitions.
Make sure you:
- Keep your head, neck, and back in a straight line.