This exercise strengthens upper arms and upper back muscles.
- Stand with feet about hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs, palms facing your thighs.
- Bend your elbows and raise the dumbbells in front of your body, to the count of two, until they are at shoulder height. Raise your elbows slightly higher than the dumbbells
- Pause. Lower the dumbbells, to the count of four, to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times for one set. Rest for one to two minutes, then complete a second set.
Make sure you:
- Keep your back straight throughout the exercise