The Benefits of Regular Exercise for Getting in Shape Fast
It is important to get out there and exercise. It doesn’t matter how old you are or your physical condition - just pick an activity that is right for you.
Regular physical activity that is performed on most days of the week reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death in the United States. Regular physical activity improves health in the following ways:
- Reduces the risk of dying prematurely.
- Reduces the risk of dying from heart disease.
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
- Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure.
- Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
- Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling.
- Promotes psychological well-being.
If that list isn't enough to get you moving, it may require a medical scare to wake you up. It is never too late, so start your fitness progress now.